The fat from the lamb will supply lots of energy for your body. This is very good for a ketogenic lifestyle. Ketogenic soup with a portion of fat will help you to lose weight faster. Actually, in Argentina, they put some rice and cubes of potatoes. If you are not ketogenic, you can put some rice in the last. Cordero, or young lamb Patagonia, popular with their taste and tender. Asado de Cordero is a very popular food, usually, they cook it at the weekend when the family gets together. While they cook, they will send their time having chat.
is our favorite soup in the winter. Argentinian eat lots of soup in the winter. For vegetable soup, in ‘verduleria’, shop that special sell only vegetables, they sell a different kind of vegetables in Styrofoam that is ready to cook. People don’t put any ingredients more, only salt and stock. The taste is so light. Previously I didn’t like it. It is just food that hasn’t finished to be cooked. But later, I got used to it and can feel the yummy taste.
Actually, people eat more puchero, beef bone soup, rather than lamb soup. To cook puchero, they only put salt and pepper and simmer for many hours. Add some water if you feel need to put more. I ate this ‘cazuelo’ in the south of Argentina, in El Calafate, when we visited the Glacier Perito Moreno. In the middle of the steppe, in a cold wind, it was so yummy. It is very good to warm the body. Ok let’s start to cook.
- 6 cups of water
- 6 vertebrae of lamb, or any different part of lamb with bones. Remember the bones that give the taste of the soup.
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 Carrots or a 1/4 of a pumpkin, sliced in cubes
- vegetable oil
- Salt, chopped cilantro, shallots or green onions, to taste (served at the table as garnishes)
- Sauté the onion, garlic, and carrot in the vegetable oil with a little oregano and salt.
- Divide the lamb vertebrae, and add to the pot.
- Cover with 6 cups of water, then, incorporate the salt to taste and simmer over low heat. Enjoy the aromas, which will be beginning to release!
- After 45 minutes, it is time to add carrots or squash. y, and remove the pot from the heat.
We know that you and your friends are probably starving by now, but let your cazuela sit for about 10 minutes so that the flavors blend to perfection. Serve in big bowls, taking care to put a portion of each ingredient in each. Everyone can garnish their own, with a bit of chopped cilantro, shallots, or green onions, according to taste. Enjoy!