In this household, avocado salad can never go wrong. It can be served for lunch or dinner. In winter or summer. With a lot of vegetables or even only with cheese and egg. Always become favorite. Avocado is a good source of vitamins and minerals, high in monounsaturated fat that good for your body. If you eat avocado, you will feel full longer, since avocado contains high fiber. Sadly, sometimes is not easy to pick a good ripe avocado. The skin is still good, but when we open it, the inside is already overripe. So it will be good if you buy several days in advance before you plan to use it, then you let it ripen at home. To choose a good avocado, just shake the avocado. If you can feel or hear the seed is shaken, it means is already ripen. So, take it. Don’t forget to check in the edge. Make sure that the skin is firm, do not overripe. You can buy unripe avocado as well. At home, put them in a paper bag, and just wait three or four days. Check it every day, and you will get a good avocado.
Here is the recipe of avocado salad:
- 5 boiled egg, peel and cut into 8 pieces
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 pack of 150-gram fresh mozzarella, cut into small cubes
- 1 can of pitted olives, open and drain.
- 1 can of tuna, drain
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 tsp of table salt
- 1/8 tsp of pepper
- Placed boiled egg, diced avocado, diced fresh mozzarella, pitted olives in a large bowl
- Put the tuna over it.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and the lemon water.
- Seasoned it with salt and pepper