Despite the cold weather, we can also enjoy the salads. This recipe is ideal to take advantage of warm steak veal meat that easy to make. We tell you how to prepare a warm meat salad with arugula. Warm salads will taste amazing when you mix hot ingredients with other cold ones, in this way we can enjoy the texture of meat, for example, in the hot, with cold arugula. The meat actually you can still enjoy in cold, but it will be different. You can also introduce steamed vegetables such as kale or broccoli.
In the recipe, we use arugula, a vegetable with a slightly acidic and spicy flavor, which combines well with the meats. This vegetable previously difficult to find in some country, but it is easy to get in other countries. Today we find it in any supermarket. The arugula has low caloric level only 25 calories per 100 grams. On the other hand, if the level of vitamin A is very high, it will increase the 2300 IU of this vitamin. It also has 15 mg of vitamin C and vitamin K. It emphasizes its large amount of calcium, it has 169 mg, more than a glass of milk that for 100 grams has 125 mg. In addition to these interesting contributions of vitamins and minerals, the arugula is loaded with photochemical and antioxidants. All of the antioxidants that help counteract oxidative damage in our cells. This oxidative damage is not only responsible for aging, but also for the appearance of many diseases.
The tender and young leaves of the arugula are ideal for salads, hamburgers, and sandwiches. The leaves can also be added to soups and stews, for example, the pasta with arugula, tomato, and cheese is an exquisite mixture of flavors.
Our family loves this salad so much. We ate arugula for the first time when we live in Comodoro Rivadavia, Chubut, Argentina. Thanks to Susana, my neighbor, that came to me brought arugula salad to eat together with chicken from the rotisserie. She only shredded the chicken and mix it together with arugula and dressings. I was surprised since the leaves gave a spicy sensation. The taste and the aroma for me are very specific. Later, we made a different variation of arugula salad.
- 1 fresh onion cut into thin slices
- 400 g of beef, skirt or steaks
- 300 g of arugula
- 150 g of fresh aromatic herbs such as basil, cilantro, and chives
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 80 ml apple cider vinegar
- Half teaspoon salt
- Black pepper
- chili, not the spicy one, cut it.
- Shirataki noodles 1 package
- Cut the onion into thin rings and put it to marinate in a glass with apple cider vinegar. Reserve.
- Cook the grilled meat by adding a little oil.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper and cook until tender and quite cooked, about 10-12 minutes (5-6 per side ).
- Turn off the heat and cover to keep the meat warm.
- Place the onions we had in vinegar at the base of a salad bowl or deep dish.
- Save the vinegar.
- On the onions, we add hot or warm meat and around the arugula and aromatic herbs, shirataki noodles and pour over it with red chili.
How to make aromatized vinegar.
- For the seasoning, mix olive oil with two tablespoons of the vinegar dressing.
- Pour over the salad and stir.