Our children have a special menu at the weekend. Saturday night is Pizza Night. Usually, they eat pizza while watching a movie together in the living room. This habit is started since years ago when we lived in Rio de Janeiro. In that town, our apartment that was located in front of Leblon Beach was next to a pizzeria and near “Lojas Americana” chain store that has Blockbuster for renting DVD. Since going out at night in Rio de Janeiro was not recommended for the security reason, then usually we order pizza and renting DVD for the family time. The kids really enjoy the time. Of course, when our son started with low carb, he really misses this moment. I did make pizza for him, from the cauliflower and mozzarella, but it seems he didn’t get satisfied. After I tried several different recipes, this time he likes it. Then I make it again, and again.
Keto Almond Pizza Ingredients
For the base:
- 170 gr mozzarella
- 85 gr almond flour 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- to taste Italian herbs
For topping pizza:
- 1 can tuna, drained
- Mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp tomato paste without sugar
- Mix the cream cheese with the almond flour
- Heat 1 minute in the microwave, stir and heat another 30 seconds.
- Stop cooling the mixture a little and add the egg, salt, garlic powder and some other spices of your choice.
- Spread with your hands in a tray covered with waxed paper, making holes in the dough with a fork.
- Bake at 220 ° C / 425 ° F for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add tomato paste, mozzarella cheese and toppings to taste, such as tuna or pepperoni, mushrooms, olives, meat, etc.
- Put in the oven for 10 minutes, the pizza is ready now.